I'm tired of demonization. I'm tired of everyone trying to blame someone else for events. I'm tired of the news putting out information they haven't vetted yet because they want to be first. (I'm looking your way CNN and the New York Post.) This isn't the way to have a country.
Seriously people, we need to stop. We need to sit down and stop being a big bunch of cry babies. "Oh, he's oppressing me!" "No, you're oppressing me!" Guess what? No one is oppressing anyone here. You want to see oppression? Come visit where I live. Come see a place where a woman reports a rape every 15 minutes, but the number of real rapes is probably one every 3 minutes. Come to a place where the women are more comfortable going to a radio station to talk about being sexually assaulted than they are going to the police because at least then their voices will be heard. THAT'S oppression.
Also, why don't we just wait for the police in Massachusetts to do their job and find the person or persons that planted the bombs in Boston? Speculation in the press actually makes it HARDER to do that job, as then there are so many false flags that need to be run down. Let them announce that they've got someone in custody before you start saying that the person arrested was dark and spoke in an accent. (That was from one of the news channels believe it or not.)
Another thing: stop demonizing your fellow citizens. We all belong to the same country. I went to work over the summer while I was in College with people that were on food stamps, and they weren't moochers. Most of them worked two jobs and still didn't make enough to not be on food stamps. I'd rather they, and their children, get enough to eat thanks. I also have family members that love guns. They aren't wackos, or gun nuts. They are lovely people who keep their guns locked safely away (as far as I know.). I personally don't want to own a gun or have one in my house, but that's my choice. (Yes, I do know how to fire a gun and how to safely use it, thanks. Yes, skeet shooting can be quite cathartic, I know. Would I qualify shooting a gun if I was sent to some place that I was required to know how to fire a gun? Yes.)
When people stop talking is when bad things happen. If we talk more, maybe we'll learn that there are a lot of things we have in common. I think we should break the South's rules on dealing with family members. I think maybe we should talk about Politics, Religion and College Football. We might end up arguing, but at least we'll be talking.
No comments:
Post a Comment