Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013: What do you have in store for us?

Well, we're at a new year, and it does leave me wondering about what is coming up for us all.  Obviously the Mayans were wrong, and the world didn't end.  I do think, however, that 2013 will be very busy for my little family, and possibly for yours as well.

I do know some things that WON'T happen in 2013.  Again, I will not finish typing my book.  Once again I will not be chosen by the selectors for the US Men's National Soccer Team.  My wife won't hear me say a witty quip and think that it is original and only from me and not a TV show or movie.  I won't sit and watch a soccer (football) match on television calmly, not yelling or pointing to the part of the screen where I think the pass should go.

However, we've got a bunch of interesting things coming up this year.  We have to go back to Washington for a week in the Spring, which will both be nice and extremely tortuous at the same time.  I turn 37 this year, so I can no longer call myself a "Young Adult" or say I'm in my Mid-Thirties.  My parents come to SA for a visit this antediluvian Autumn, which will be great.  LEL's parents are coming in Northern Hemisphere Autumn for a visit, and we go to England for Christmas 2013 to end the year.  Oh, and during the months from June - November I'll be looking for a new job because we'll have been here for 2 out of the 3 years I'm assigned here.

Now for the things I never do, but should.  My resolutions for 2013.

1) exercise at least twice a week.
2) Drink less soda.  (My wife wants no soda, but I'll compromise and reduce it.)
3) Spend time with the kids outside by myself.  (Need to let wife have a break on occasion.
4) Have dinner or movie with just the wife outside the house at least twice a month.
5) Remember that life is short and to tell my friends and family how much I love and appreciate them as often as I can.  (But not overkill.  You don't want to be THAT guy, now do you?)

Anyways, I hope you and yours have a great new years.  I also hope that everyone remembers that life is too short to hate and that we should look more for things we have in common than things we don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment