Monday, September 16, 2013

Watching Rugby When Lovely English Lass has an Idea

South Africa played New Zealand in Rugby this weekend.  For those of you that don't know, this is how the All Blacks (the New Zealand Rugby Team's nickname) start all of their matches.

Pretty cool, no?  During the most recent Rugby World Cup, they really got into it.  The other team just watches while they do this.  It's a war chant and ritual, and in fact one of the teams was fined for not standing there.  I suggested that maybe England should answer with Morris Dancing.  Lovely English Lass came up with a few, and I collected the 5 best from our talk.

Top 5 Answers a Rugby Team Should give in response to the Haka

5) Read a newspaper.
4) Stare them down like Wales did in the 2011 World Cup.
3) Slowly walk towards them, like Ireland did in 1989.
2) This:
and this one is straight from LEL:
1) The Slow Clap

I honestly think that last one would lead to a riot on the field.

(Editor's note: Every Kiwi I've ever met has been very lovely.  Especially our friend in Durban.)




No comments:

Post a Comment