I can't believe it's been 7 years. Just seems like yesterday that she was a little baby girl learning to walk. When we were in Luxembourg, I'd come in through the door from work, and she'd run up to me, wait for me to take off my hat and coat, and then give me a big hug. It was something that I looked forward to everyday, especially as I worked for a, shall we say, difficult person at that time. In fact, during that time I had her giggling as my ringtone, because I knew it would put me into a better mood prior to answering the phone, which I really needed a that time.
She's been through so much in her little life. Three moves, three continents, entering into a mainstream school. She goes about her day learning, complaining about having to go to therapy, and if I thought it would make her life more enjoyable I'd let her stop. But she needs it, and through little things we get that it's helping.
LLG LOVES Hello Kitty, but it's a weird obsession. I can't explain it, but you'd just have to see it. Since it's a very normal obsession for children her age, we're not too worried. (Heck, at least it's not unicorns.) Plus, I know grown women who are just as obsessed, so it can't be that different, can it?
There are things I wish I could do differently for my little girl. I wish she didn't have so much anxiety, but then again I'm her father so I understand it. One of her therapists said it would probably help the anxiety a little if we could start talking about where we're going to live next year. Lovely English Lass responded with, "Yeah, it'd help my anxiety too."
One of the largest issues we have is that she is just so darn tall. She's the size of an 11 year old now, and will probably get taller. It's difficult enough being different, but when you look like a tween and you're only 7, it's downright impossible sometimes.
She definitely has her quirks, my little girl. Sometimes you can tell that she just puts up with me, but then there are times when she still definitely shows she's my little girl. She also still tries so hard, that I'm amazed she has the strength to keep going some days. Saturday we went to the park, and they have these obstacles set up. Balancing things, and other stuff like that. She was trying her best, even though her body sometimes doesn't cooperate. Everytime she would complete one, she had to make sure we saw her.
You know, she's a fantastic little kid. I'm so very happy to have her in my life, and I know that there is just a wild trip waiting to happen that she'll take us on. Hopefully one day she'll read these and know that I always believed in her, and that I love her with all I do.
Happy Birthday Lovely Little Girl. You've got a busy year ahead of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment