Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

You know, sometimes Halloween isn't just for kids.  I mean, I always loved going out dressed up.  (I went as Jimmy Carter in 1980.  Overalls, mask with big toothy smile and a bag of peanuts.)  However, once you get older, it gets much more difficult to go out.  You start being too cool to dress up, and then it gets creepy if you do.

However, once you have a kid you can go out and get dressed up again, because it's about the kids.  (Although I hate when the parents come along and trick or treat too.  Had it happen two years ago and really peeved me.  Especially because the parents weren't handing out candy at their house!)  So this year, while Lovely Little Girl went as Hello Kitty! (Natch) and Crazy Little Man got dressed up as Captain America, Lovely English Lass and I decided to go for costumes as well.  She bought a Morticia Adams dress and put on a hat with spider webs and looked great.  Sadly, this wasn't her first choice, but they don't make Jane Eyre costumes, now do they?  I on the other hand went with the Dark Knight.  I thought it would be pretty funny, and thought the costume was probably flimsy, but it'd do alright for one night, right?

Well, my costume came in the mail, and it rocked!  I put it on and immediately went to see LEL.  She wasn't expecting it and jolted her a little.  LLG just wanted to touch the fake muscles, but it was a success.

The Consulate had a party on Saturday, and LEL was in charge of putting the whole thing together.  I walked up with the kids, looking like this:


Yeah, I rock.

On a more personal note, my thoughts and prayers are for those on the East Coast (and further inward as well) of the US.  Many of my friends live in the areas affected, and I hope you and your families are well and that your homes are ok.  It's times like this we all need to remember that we're in this world together.  Help each other when we can, and be good to each other.  Politics and other issues may divide us, but something like this doesn't discriminate between liberal or conservative, Democrat or Republican.  Right now, we're all just humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment