By the time you read this, my lovely little girl will have turned 6. She was born on December 4, 2006 at almost 2 am. (Which means when I called my parents back home it was still December 3. Time zones are confusing, no?)
To be honest, it's been a busy year for my lovely little girl. She has worked very hard and is making very good progress. We did have some low points in the year, especially when this, and this happened. But LLG got into AISJ, a main-stream school, and her teacher has been a God-send.
Still LLG is her own little girl, and one that seems to defy everything you might think you know about her. Just when I've about given up trying to get her to show affection for me, she runs and gives me a hug and a kiss. Or she'll sit in my lap and get giggly. Or the pure joy on her face when she is happy. These are the things that make me try harder. She is a smart little girl, with a slight mischievous side to her. When she gets up VERY early in the mornings, she closes the door to our room so we can't see what she's doing. (More than likely she's about to wake her brother up.) We'll hear a door slam in the kitchen and find that she's made herself a snack. She's learned, sadly, how to get onto the counters by using the doors for the cabinets as a step-stool.
However, I know life wouldn't be anywhere near as lovely without her. Watching her with my wife, or with her grandmothers, or even female friends of the family, I know that is a caring child just waiting to see what life brings. Hopefully I'm around long enough for her to find her niche, because I think that'll be an amazing thing. Daddy loves you Lovely Little Girl. Happy Birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment