You know, no matter how long I spend in the Southern Hemisphere, it's always hard to get going for the Christmas season when it is so hot outside. Don't get me wrong, I like the weather, and once I get the pool fixed I'm sure the kids will love playing in the pool during their vacation, but it's just weird. Heck, I grew up in Florida where it's warm during Christmas season, but this is crazy!
Last year we were in the opposite of warm in the UK, so I suppose I got my fix for cold weather then. We'll see how this "winter" is, but so far it's characterized with mosquito bites and crazy weather. It's either too hot or rainy and cool. No in between.
Christmas was lovely though. The kids seemed to enjoy their gifts, and I liked having time off work to just spend time with the family and go do stuff. We got out of the city and went places as well, which was very nice. San Antonio de Areco was quite nice, although the next time we go we're definitely going earlier. Tigre was good as well, but the weather was so hot it wasn't enjoyable. When the in-laws get here we'll try again. For presents I got a lot of Bar-B-Que stuff, which I enjoy, and a Nerf gun and some cuff links and other cool gifts as well. Lovely English Lass got more stuff for her budding hobby in photographery, which I hope she liked. All in all, a good time was had by everyone. However, a kind thought for LEL, as Crazy Little Man and Lovely Little Girl are off school for the next month, so she'll need the patience of Job to deal with that!
As for 2014, it was an interesting one, wasn't it? (And I mean that in the US Mid-western "interesting" way, not in the "That's an interesting comment" way.) We didn't know where our next posting was going to be until March. Then we had to move quickly to organize everything so that we could move. Very difficult to plan all of that stuff in 2 months. After that came my disastrous Spanish classes, followed by Lovely English Lass and kids having to go to Argentina without me. All the issues that came up afterwards, and then I had to leave on short notice to get to post, which was great but still stressful. Needless to say, we're very happy to have the back end of that year come and gone.
For 2015, I'm not going to make any resolutions. Everyone breaks those, so I'm going to just try my best this year. I want to travel more through Argentina with the family. I'd like to try and get to Antarctica, as it'll be my seventh continent visited. I'd also like to maybe try and ride my bike more and eat a little healthier. Definitely want to play more football and baseball with Crazy Little Man, and try harder to connect on a better level with Lovely Little Girl. I'd also like to spend more date nights with Lovely English Lass, as we definitely need a break once in a while.
However, which I really want is for my friends in family to have a happy and healthy new year. Thanks for reading my ramblings, and I hope you all are doing well, no matter where in the world you are right now.
Happy New Year. Miss you all! xx
ReplyDeleteThanks, Di. We miss you all too!
ReplyDelete